15 Feb 2014

Welders Challenge Build A, Hardley-Davidson Motorized Bicycle!

This hobby of building 50cc motorized street legal bicycles is addicting, and a blast just checkout the pic's below maybe you are up to this type of challenge!

Some of you already know that I'm a NCCCO-Certified Tower Crane Operator in Washington,D.C. and hobbyist welder / Custom Motorized Bicycle Builder.

Well long story shortened, I grew tired of traveling to my brothers body shop on the Eastern shore of Maryland 2.5 hrs driving to fabricate and weld my bicycles. So I searched the net and found weldersweb in the hopes of getting some guidance and opinions on purchasing an inexpensive welder, for welding my bicycles. Wow I was impressed with the experienced talented and friendly advice I received from the forum.

Here's the challenge for those of you beginner or experienced welder's, if you like a challenge try your skill's building your own motorized bicycle.

Maybe a vintage style tribute Harley-Davidson, Indian, Cyclone, Excelsior-Henderson, Board Track Racer Motorized Bicycle pic's below.

Maybe a motorized Stretch Cruiser bicycle, or a OCC Stingray Chopper motorized bicycle pic's in next post after this one.

I'll have to post a few times to upload pic's, or visit my photo albums photobucket page: http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae265/ICrazyhorse/

You could also visit one of my favorite websites for motorized bicycles and look for my posts there my screen name Crazy Horse at www.motorbicycling.com you'll see many of my posts under these following forums:

Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles
Vintage enthusiast sharing your board trackers and other vintage motorized bicycle ideas and builds and replicas, and
Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles
This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and chopper motorized bicycles.

Ok I'll post the Board Track Racer motorized bicycles first these builds have 2-stroke motors, I'll post the Stretch Cruiser's & Chopper motorized bicycles in the following post.

The Board Track Racer Tribute's are built using Worksman Bicycle Co Industrial News Boy bicycles ( http://www.worksman.com/ ), with the frame modified by removing the straight down tube from the steering head tube down to the bottom bracket also known as the pedal crank, then welding in a looped down tube giving the period correct look of a keystone style frame from Pre & Post WW I Board Track Racer motorcycles!


So are there any forum member's up for this challenge, building your own street legal 50cc motorized bicycle?

See my next post for the Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles, on these builds I'm using 50cc 2-stroke motors & 50cc 4-stroke Honda CT 70 Trail Bike motors.

You are wondering why is this guy sharing this with us and is he trying to sell us a motorized bicycle the answer is no, I just want to share this hobby with as many people as possible if you build just one you are hooked on this hobby!

2 comments:

  1. I've only had fantastic experiences here! If you want a motorized or electric bike, this is the spot! Mike and Colby are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful! auckland electric bikes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Michael Smith, thank you for the information. I am very interested with using of electric transportation, especially with an electric bikes.

      Delete