5 Aug 2013

Jack-Fearless-Burrows and his Harley 125

Bubble mail:

"Hello,

Im a kid who follow your blog every morning
, I mean even before I have a coffee, as a part of my day before school. I saw your pic last week of a Harley 125. I have a 165 bored out to about a 200 and it has a lot of mods. I just got bit by 2 wheels last year and I live down town in Calgary, Canada and you cant do more than 70km/p anywhere and I live in an apartment so I built this bike. It's a bit smaller than a regular bike but not by much. I have lowered it a lot and the shocks are hidden under the engine. I'm hoping to finish it this summer. It's not done yet, still have to make the swing arm fender stay made out of cardboard in the picture, cut the fenders down and chrome and gold plate the rest of the bike. It's a race engine modified with Puckett parts, stuffer plate and 7 spring clutch. I've added a tractor leaf spring for the seat and had it gold plated too.  Oh ya, I'm moding it to take a knucklehead rocker box. Sorry about the pics, I just have an old Iphone 3 and I'm building the bike in my apartment kitchen. I've never built a bike before and this is my first motorcycle. My family calls me Fearless as a nickname because I love trying stuff like this. I started with a taillight and then bought every part separately on ebay. No one part has ever known one another and more than half the parts aren't even Harley. There are a lot of old British stuff from the 1920's to the 1940's and I had to make everything work. I'm glad I did my first bike this way, I have learned a lot by building it before ever even riding. Now I've got the bug and I plan on building a lot more, lets just get this one done first as my father would say.

Thanks,
Jack Burrows"


Thanks Jack. You're my new hero, what a cool project! Glad I can be an inspiration for your insanely cool bike. Bet you will inspire a lot of people with this project.

Cheers, 
Lenny


No comments:

Post a Comment